Energy Engineer II, Energy Efficiency Programs
EMC Insights is a boutique firm specializing in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and distributed generation consulting services and products. Our clients include investor-owned, and publicly owned electric and natural gas utilities, state agencies, non-profit organizations, and large multinational corporations. EMC Insights is growing rapidly and provides high quality technical and strategic consulting services to influence the end-use customer’s energy consumption behaviors and choices.
We are seeking an Energy Engineer II to join our growing team and support energy efficiency programs in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The ideal candidate will be located in the greater Philadelphia area. The Energy Engineer II will primarily be in charge of reviewing energy savings calculations and leading ASHRAE level-3 audits. This opening is an exciting opportunity for an engineer who is eager to take on responsibilities with bigger impact and continuing to grow in the energy efficiency industry
We Value: Conservation, Empathy, Data
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering reviews of energy savings calculations for commercial/industrial facilities and a variety of systems such as compressed air, injection molding, HVAC, lighting, solar and combined heat and power.
- Conducting on-site inspections and possibly end-use metering activities to verify or identify energy efficiency improvements for commercial and industrial customers.
- Leading ASHRAE level-3 audits, which include conducting site visits, collecting and analyzing data to identify energy conservation measures and capital improvement projects, and quantify and help customers understand their energy-saving opportunities.
- Creating and overseeing measurement and verification plans.
- Lead meetings with customers and our clients.
- Train and mentor new engineering staff.
- Support the development and maintenance of technical resources such as energy savings calculators.
- Provide regular updates about the status of ongoing projects and engineering assignments.
- Reinforce our commitment to clients and always being mindful of their satisfaction and future needs.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel to local area customer sites, with occasional overnight travel.
This is a mid-level position and requires a bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, energy management or related discipline. The following qualifications are desired
- 3+ years of professional experience with an engineering consulting or design-build firm.
- Demonstrated experience building data models, energy use billing analysis and energy savings calculations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects and work closely with other project team members.
- The ideal candidate is energetic, personable, proactive, and self-motivated with a demonstrated passion for contributing to the sustainability movement.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Detail oriented, organized, and responsive to communications.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with other business functions.
- Naturally self-directed, resourceful, with an agile mind that is able to switch priorities quickly.
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of MS Office tools (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must have a valid driver's license and a reliable personal vehicle.
- 3-5 years or related experience.
- Experience supporting energy efficiency programs through electric and natural gas utilities.
- Engineering/Energy certification (e.g., Professional Engineer, Energy Efficiency Practitioner, Certified Energy Manager).
And what you will get in return:
- Competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications.
- Flexible personal time off (15 days), 10 holidays, two days flex holidays.
- Maternity/Paternity paid leave.
- Annual retreat.
- Remote work.
- 401(k) Plan.
- Performance bonus.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance.
- Reimbursement for annual professional development training or certification.
- Mileage reimbursement for the use of a personal vehicle.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on our environment and grow as a professional in the sustainable energy efficiency industry.
Please send resume to email@example.com