Outreach Account Executive, Energy Efficiency Programs-Hybride-Rockville, MD
EMC Insights is a boutique firm specializing in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and distributed generation consulting services and products. Our clients include investor-owned, and publicly owned electric and natural gas utilities, state agencies, non-profit organizations, and large multinational corporations. EMC Insights is growing rapidly and provides high quality technical and strategic consulting services to influence the end-use customer’s energy consumption behaviors and choices.
We are seeking an Outreach Account Executive who will be a key member of our energy efficiency programs for one of the largest electric utilities in Maryland. The Outreach Account Executive will be in charge of addressing inquiries, recruiting interested customers and contractors to participate in commercial and industrial energy efficiency programs, joining industry events, canvassing, and tracking all activities. If you have a passion for energy efficiency and/or customer service and looking for a challenge of building something from the ground up, let’s talk!
We Value: Conservation, Empathy, Data
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and recruit potential customers to participate in the energy efficiency program.
- Identify and recruit contractors to become approved trade allies and participate in the energy efficiency program.
- Schedule and regularly attend meetings with prospective customers and contractors.
- Maintain, manage, and report on the pipeline of customers and contractors who are interested in participating in energy efficiency programs.
- Meet monthly and annual key performance metrics.
- Provide weekly and monthly activities and progress reports.
- Participate and present in company and industry training or networking events to drive successful results to meet client needs.
- Support trade allies training on as needed basis.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Support the development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Prepare for and lead meetings virtually and in person during various events to promote utility rebate programs.
- Coordinate with colleagues to ensure proper organization of files, paperwork, and data entry.
- Communicate professionally and promptly with customers, clients, contractors/trade allies and the team.
- Domestic travel will be required in the Maryland area (approximately up to 50% of the time with reliable transportation).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BS or BA Degree – associate degree plus relevant experience will be considered.
- 2+ years of professional experience with sales, networking, marketing, or customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to articulate your ideas in a virtual working environment.
- Excellent presentation skills (virtually and in person).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to travel in Maryland for up to three days per week.
- Must have a driver’s license and a reliable personal vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management or marketing, or communication.
- 3-5 years of work experience with commercial utility programs, account management, technical sales, or business to business sales
- Energy/Project Management certification (e.g., Certified Energy Manager, Project Management Certification).
And what you will get in return:
- Competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications.
- Flexible personal time off (15 days), 10 holidays, two days flex holidays.
- Maternity/Paternity paid leave.
- Annual company retreat to existing destinations.
- Remote work flexbility.
- 401(k) Plan.
- Performance bonus.
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance.
- Reimbursement for annual professional development training or certification.
- Mileage reimbursement for the use of a personal vehicle.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on our environment and grow as a professional in the sustainable energy efficiency industry.
This role offers a rewarding opportunity for those passionate about energy efficiency and sustainability so come join our team!
Please send resume to email@example.com